Born in Zimbabwe and now living in London, Ken trained as a graphic designer before developing his storytelling and creative writing skills. More recently he has embarked on publishing too, because he wanted to do something about the need for children from all backgrounds to see themselves in books.
He had quite an exciting 2020:
- He’s gained a nomination for the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award
- Won the STEAM AWARD for Early Years picture books
- Is on the World Book Day Steering Committee and on the Board of Directors of the Association of Illustrators
- Has been invited to be a judge for the Wales Book of the Year 2020
- And in partnership with United Nations and Govt of Zimbabwe launched “17Promises” magazine, about taking action on the sustainable development goals of the UN.
This event was kindly supported by Canary Wharf Group and all schools who subscribe to the Schools Library Service received a free signed copy of Ken’s award winning book “Astro Girl” and a copy of “Stars with Flaming Tails” a book of poetry by Valerie Bloom that he has illustrated, published this month
We had lots of Astro Girl inspired artwork sent to us! Thank you all for taking part on the day.