A good school library needs to be regularly replenished with new books to excite the children and old and out-of date books need to be removed. Starting with an audit of what you already have, our librarians can help you buy books to:
- support your school’s curriculum
- Meet OFSTED and inspection targets
- support literacy schemes and Accelerated Reader
- address gaps in the current collection
- promote race, gender, disability, LGBT, age and class equality
- Support Philosophy for Children
- provide for children with special educational needs
- support the Global Dimension and Black Perspectives in the curriculum
- support healthy schools, anti-bullying, road safety and other initiatives
We can buy books on your behalf, or accompany you to a library supplier showroom to select books – usually at 10 – 20% discount or more.
We recommend using the processing service (book jackets, school stamp and spine labels) that most large library suppliers offer for a small additional fee. In order to make the most of this service, our librarians will classify the stock as it is selected so that the library supplier can put the correct spine label (colour and number) on each book.
Cataloguing your collection
Our professional librarians will catalogue your new and/or existing books using your school cataloguing software.
An accurate library catalogue will help:
- Track pupil borrowing and reading patterns
- Help you monitor reading attainment
- Keep track of your book collection
Why use our cataloguing service?
A team of qualified librarians is the best choice for cataloguing your library.
- Accurate and comprehensive data entry
- Services, including custom key wording of all books and use of YOUR school classification schedule
- Ongoing stock auditing process
- Competitive prices
- We will catalogue on-site OR can catalogue books at our library (no additional charge for transit)
- Book processing (labelling, stamping, etc) services included
- All books will be sorted and shelved at the end of the cataloguing process.
Call us on 020 7364 6428 or use our contact form to get in touch about this service
You may also be interested in: