Enrich the curriculum and inspire your pupils (and teachers!) with fantastic artefacts, props and costumes for all topics, performances and occasions.
- Perfect for history, geography, drama, citizenship, or art
- Adult and childrens’ sizes
- Historical costumes from ancient world to Britain since 1930
- Contemporary costumes from around the world
- Uniforms/people who help us
- Drama and pantomime
How many costumes can I borrow?
- Unlimited number of costumes (within reason)
Enrich your history topics with one of our artefacts collections. Artefacts can be an expensive purchase for your school, so why not borrow them instead? Each box contains up to 40 artefacts.
- Abolition of Slavery
Ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome
Ancient Rome – Museum of London collection (includes original roman artefacts in addition to replicas)
- Anglo Saxons
- Bengalis in East London
- The Blitz
- Britain Since 1930
- Fifties and sixties Britain
- Florence Nightingale
- Homes (early 20th century)
- London Docklands
- Mary Seacole
- Somali East End
- Stone age to bronze age
- Toys and Games
- Tracks through Poplar (steam railways)
- Victorian Britain
- World War 2
- Writing and Printing
Single historical artefacts are also available, including:
- Artefacts from all of the above eras
- Navigation and exploration
- Treasure chests (empty)
How many artefacts can I borrow?
- Unlimited single artefacts where available
- Up to one historical artefacts box per teacher (and no more than one of each type per school)
Bring a global dimension to your classroom.
International artefact boxes include:
- Shahnameh : The Phoenix of Persia : Iran/ Persia and traditional tales. Produced in collaboration with Tiny Owl Books.
- Dolls from around the world (boxes for different countries & continents)
- Where in the World is Barnaby Bear? / Weatherby Bear? / Benita Bear?
- Countries, including Modern Egypt, France, Australia, Poland
- Bengal History
- Adinkra and Kente Cloth
- Olympic Games
- Story tents (see our story tents page)
Individual items can support:
- International celebrations
- Black History Month
- Chinese New Year
- Middle East
- South America
- North America
- India and Bangladesh
- Textiles and flags for displays
- Everyday items
- Festival items
- Musical instruments
- Toys made from recycled materials
- A wide selection of story sacks
- Animal and minibeast puppets and glove puppets
- Favourite character puppets and dolls
- Multi-sensory stories (ask us for more information)
- Puppets to suit traditional tales and fairy tales.
- Persona dolls
Latest additions to the artefacts and costumes collection