If you are starting out, want to revamp a tired library or want to put in place on-going effective day-to-day management of your existing library, we can help:
- Strategy and planning. We can help you make a library that works for the whole school. We’ll discuss YOUR priorities – promoting reading for pleasure, supporting reluctant readers, engaging the community, teaching information and research skills – putting the library at the heart of the school
- Design services. How to make the best use of the space, including helping you choose the most suitable library furniture
- Budgeting and planning. We’ll formulate short, medium and long-term plans that work for your school’s targets and mission.
- Staffing. A library cannot function without dedicated staff and the best libraries are managed by a professional librarian. We can provide a librarian even for a just few hours each week or train for your own team. For secondary schools we can assist in recruitment, including job descriptions and person specifications.
- Your core books. We’ll help you choose the best books to get your pupils reading and to support the curriculum
- IT support. We can help you install the most suitable library management system, provide training in managing your existing system and we keep abreast of the market and advise if changes become necessary.
- Cataloguing and classification. We can make all your new books shelf-ready and turn a room full of books into a library! Remember, good school libraries need a regular injection of new books.